Monday, November 11, 2013

"The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman

(While we're on a bit of an insanity kick--heck, I think I'll try to make it an entirely crazy week!-- here's a second post to make up for yesterday, when I didn't get to my computer.) 

Charlotte Perkins Gilman's "The Yellow Wallpaper" is another one of my personal favorites--I know the list is long! Beyond the thoroughly complex character (who happens to be a writer) and the tragic story of the demise of her sanity, I love the prose.

Of course, the pivotal line: "I think sometimes that if I were only well enough to write a little it would relieve the press of ideas and rest me."

"The Yellow Wallpaper": http://www.library.csi.cuny.edu/dept/history/lavender/wallpaper.html

Charlotte Perkins Gilman

No comments:

Post a Comment