Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"I Stand Here Ironing" by Tillie Olsen

My dryer has been on the fritz, so I'm a little behind on laundry and I'm having trouble thinking of much else.

Here is my internal dialogue which led to today's story selection:

Me: I still need to squeeze in a short read for the day.
Me: But your new dryer just arrived. You should get moving on all those dirty clothes.
Me: I should, but first just let me find a story.
Me: I wonder if there are any stories about dryers.
Me: I don't know about dryers, but I do love Tillie Olsen's ironing story.
Me: Oh, I love that story! And as a mother constantly battling time and schedule constraints, I find Olsen particularly inspiring.
Me: Me, too.
Me: Let's revisit it.
Me. Let's.

"I Stand Here Ironing" by Tillie Olsen

Tillie Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment