Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"Little Indulgences" by Jonathan David Price

During my various Googlings today, I came across this story in The Clarion Review by the publication's editor, Jonathan David Price.

While, I don't much care for the ending, the journey to get there is quite a trip. I found I couldn't stop reading about this character and his coffee obsession. He's so odd and messed up that I had to know more about him. It was this hook, "Who is Mudgy?" as opposed to "What will happen to Mudgy?" or "What will Mudgy do?" that kept me reading faithfully to the finish.

For this reason, to consider the power of an interesting character, I'm sharing it with you today.

"Little Indulgences" by Jonathan David Price

(Sorry, no author pic. JDP must be one of the only authors on the planet not easily placeable/faceable on the internet.)



No comments:

Post a Comment