Sunday, March 2, 2014

"Eminence" by Caroline Casper

Until February, I'd never heard of Carve, a literary publication that's been around for fourteen years, already. But, suddenly I'm coming upon it every time I turn around, not literally, usually, since it's an online thing. But, this past weekend at AWP2014, I did stumble right into Carve's booth at the book fair (I'm a bit of a clutz! although not nearly so graceful in my recovery as J. Law is on the red carpet) and was handed a lovely bookmark boasting a black and white of Raymond Carver, for whom the site is named and whose sharp minimalist style the editors seek in their publication selections.

Anyway, thought I'd explore the site a little more thoroughly, and I'm glad I did, because it led me to find "Eminence," an exceptional experimental story by Caroline Casper.

My own writing is very straightforward and traditional, so I'm always impressed at work that manages to do cool things like, well, reverse a tornado, for instance.

Caroline Casper

No comments:

Post a Comment